Sunday, October 28, 2012

Family Tree


My upstairs neighbor's piano music inspired me.

She -- I think it's a woman -- went through a particularly intense song phase, pounding out low notes with force.  As a result, a few of our old family photos fell off the wall and the frames broke.  Hanging up things here in Nairobi is difficult since the walls are concrete so hanging something up requires drilling a hole in the wall, filling the hole with wood and then pounding the nail into the wood hole.  Not great if you are imprecise, like me. So, I decided to freestyle a fabric fancy tree and affix the photos to it, instead.

As usual, I get points for creativity and NOT for careful execution, but overall, I think it turned out okay.  We'll see how long it hold with mere double-sided tape, but at least it won't come crashing down with shattered glass the next time a moody broody piano piece is played.

No comments: